Monday, September 1, 2008

Lexi is 9!

Well our Lexi Lou is now the big 9! Her birthday snuck up on us fast and before we new it it was time to plan the party and buy presents. We tried to keep it simple but it still didn't quite work out that way. Even dinner and a movie with friends can add up! Lexi invited two friends over and we all went out to dinner at Winger's for two reasons: 1. they have yummy dessert and 2. the kids meals were only $1.99! I know a bargain when I see it! After sitting at dinner Bryan informed me that he was definately outnumbered and was going to take a rain check for the rest of the evening! Can you blame him poor guy? Sitting at dinner with 6 females, 5 of which were 10 and under would be a bit much for any man! So that left me with the gang. We went home and the girls changed into pjs and we headed to a late movie, Space Chimps. After our last sleep-over I was a little fearful but I had promised Lexi, so I was willing to follow through. We invited the girls to sleep-over and much to my happiness the mothers of the girls coming over said they felt better about a late-over rather than a sleep over! Yeah I was off the hook!!!! It worked out so well we may never have a sleep-over party again! I took the girls home at 11 pm and we all slept in the next morning. Lexi was happy because she got all she asked for and more and I have no more parties to plan until December.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Lexi!

Sandra said...

Veronica..it's time for a new post. :)