Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reunion




I got an invitation in the mail this week for a baby shower for my cousin Cori (who I did not know was living here in Utah). I realized that I had already missed the shower so I called Cori and we arranged to get together. Aunt Liz is my Mother's sister and I have not seen them for years! We spent the evening at Cori's house visiting and reminiscing. It was a bitter sweet reunion for me. It was wonderful to reconnect with my mother's side of the family but a little sad to know that mom will never be a part of that. After her death 20 years ago you would think the feelings would be easier but every once in a while something happens to make me feel like she died yesterday. We promised that we would stay connected and get together more often. Poor Cori is on best rest for the duration of her pregnancy because of preterm labor. She only has 4 more weeks to endure. Good Luck Cori!

4 comments:

Errin said...

I'm am so happy to see an update. I know you have had a lot going on, but you've been slacking the blog! haha.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.

Amy said...

Hi Veronica! I love all of your pictures. Awesome mudroom!!!

Sandra said...

I too am happy to see an update! I can see similarites in the eyes between you and your Aunt. How fun to meet up w/ her and visit.